Tuesday, April 27, 2010

well I am 13 weeks and finally I am tired. of course who knows if that is pregnancy or just me. I am more excited about NACD for the older kids than I was for 'Garen is that wrong. I guess I know 'Garen will be great because of them but homeschooling forever I was blown away by their programs for the older kids soooo logical and easy and I swear everyone should take their kids in for an evaluation. Things are sooo much clearer when someone puts exactly the right thing for your child. I wish I had this 13 years ago but oh well I am thankful. Garen is doing great he needs to get potty trained and says no every time I bring it up. It is weird I never had to potty train a kid when they knew they just went and that was that. Well they gave me the go ahead because his tactile is alot better and he is feeling deeper pressure. But I have to wait for a day that I have no where to go and hide all the diapers and train kylar and garen on the same day. Garen knows how to go but for some reason REALLY does not want to get on that thing. But I plan to get the stickers and all the bad junk he is not supposed to eat and make a party out of it. First of June though. ok good night for now love em Ps. I dont mean to get all excited about having an autistic child but it is amazing what NACD can to he is changing overnight so I am so grateful to have Garen and learn from him. The kids school program blows me away that NACD came up with. I swear every parent should have their kid in NACD it makes school so easy for them and they progress so fast because you are teaching them exactly the way they think.

2 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Good luck on potty training.

GeorgeAndBethness said...

good luck in the potty training. You're doing it right, although Garen in not the average little boy...although he is getting there-right? When I trained each of mine, (you were the only exception--trained yourself!)
I took one week off from everything. I didn't even let the other kids go to any home away activities, if i had to drive. We just focused on that one goal and we made it fun. Having a musical potty chair was a big help. Even a tiny bit of urine would set off the music, the surprised look from the toddler, and then lots of clapping from anyone at home, and finally the sticker for the potty chart. All were finished even through the night after one week.