Friday, October 9, 2009





ok well it took some playing around but i figured how to get my phone pictures on google. Sprint makes it so hard they will let you send them to facebook but not download them to your computer only order from them so I hope I am not stealing so these are doubles from facebook. Now that I have sorta of a camera I will try to take more pics to send to blog. Right now I have a sore throat either from yelling or from being sick. I am going to work at the temple tonight with alex from 9-12 at night fun date So hopefully I can get better. Lately I have been having a really hard time. I am going to the temple once a week to help me stop yelling and be a better mom. I feel like I am being walked all over. I read my baby book my mom wrote of how sweet I was and it makes me sad because where did I go. I come home and only some of my kids a very small amount completely ignore and yell at me. I feel like I need to love this individual more but the more I give I feel like this person walks all over me then I turn mean and I hate who I am when I get so upset. it breaks my heart.

2 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

You are a great mom. It's tough sometimes to keep your cool, but that doesn't make you a horrible person. I promise. We all have our moments.

Here's my great, so experienced advice. Find something that you have in common that you can enjoy doing or talking about together. It might not be something that you find terribly exciting, but they do. If the problem is something that seems to be causing the contention over and over maybe see if it's something that is really so important or something that you can do without.

The child might need some more daddy time and need some reminding from daddy that they need to be more respectful to you. Some strong love from daddy might be in order.

Good luck. I hope you find the answer for you and your family. Ours was to homeschool Ian. I think he needed some more focused time with me and the pressure of public school to be gone. He's also been doing some great personal/spiritual work with his extra time.

Darla said...

Oh Emily!! You are a great mom. We have this tendency (women in general) to feel so much GUILT!! And the problem is, it's not productive at all! Focus on what you do well, and you'll feel better-which will make you happier all around. Don't know what to tell you other than that. You'll look back and only remember the good. I'm pretty sure of that. I really want to come down and help with the kids so you and Alex can take a good, long, cruise. It's about time, right?!